- the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts,engineering, applied science, and pure science.
- the application of this knowledge for practical ends.
- the terminology of an art, science, etc.; technical nomenclature.
- a scientific or industrial process, invention, method, or the like.
- the sum of the ways in which social groups provide themselves with the material objects of their civilization.
Thanks dictionary.com! Just in case you were wondering what technology was. See, Techno Tuesday is going to revolve around the discussion of (you guessed it) technology. This will include Sci-Fi, the technology need not be real (yet).
In case you were disappointed by that title and were expecting something a little more…dancey. Here is Techno Viking.
For those of you unfamiliar with Techno Viking go ahead and skip to 1:20.
Technology is an impressive thing, most of us in this modern age take it for granted. In fact, one of my favorite modern jokes comes to light.
Technology isn’t just limited to computers though, which is what most of us think about. The advances in medicine are probably the least recognized (by the mass public), most used, and most impressive R&D that mankind has come up with. Have computers helped with that? Absolutely. Without soap though, would we really have been able to invent the computer today? Doubtful. Unless we had help…
Let’s not forget that the stone age lasted for 3.2 million years and that the bronze age happened between 6000 B.C. and 2000 B.C. 3.2 million years to go from this-
But it’s only taken us 69 years to go from this-
Yeah, maybe it does look like a photo-shopped upgrade but what you’re looking at is one of the first computers of all time ENIAC vs one of the PLETHORA of Super Computers in the world today. I won’t get technical here (on Techno Tuesday) since technology is always changing and improving and I don’t want to sound like an idiot.
Please note, the only people who think that other people are idiots are the ones that have mastered or are in the process of mastering any one thing and other parts of society haven’t also mastered that one thing.
Also, before the Anthropologists and Archaeologists start to attack, I realize that the Ages of mankind have a lot more involved in them than just what they used for tools. I am not an-
Tell me in the Comments below how technology has helped you, what you look forward to in the future, and what your favorite piece of technology is today!
Have a great Tuesday!